Saturday, December 3, 2016

Tomorrow Holds No Future


When I reach out to a tomorrow
That holds no future
With eyes that tell tales of sorrow,
My heart beats out mournful rhythms by nurture.
I am citizen of a hateful society,
It’s victim thro painful contrariety.
My spot in time
Is tainted by abominable burdens
Worth less than a dime.
My path to glory is stained by poverty’s sodden
Pain reigns with impunity
In this drama-induced insanity.
Distress pursues its call to the letter,
That makes a lot bitter than better.
But in a world constantly raped by hate
Regret is innate
My only alternative is giving up.
Question is will my flesh see God?
Cause it seems I inherited a curse for a destiny
(I am cursed).
You won’t think I’m mouthing vanities
If you were a dot in my spot.
Not if you were treated less than the dust
Stamped to the sole of your feet.
It’s the worst level of defeat.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!