Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Love Story that Love Told

Courtesy: wallpaperswide.com

I’d love to write the love story that love told
To hearts forlorn when hope was lost and feelings cold,
There never was a tale told that’s told how this one’s told
With flavor and flair to make a fairytale feel fake and old.

It goes as stories go but it’s bold and rooted in love;
A simple execution of compassion marked in a cattle stall
Divinity dubbed humanity such humility displayed for us,
Makes me want to spin a yarn that pulls all the stops.

I’d love to walk the glorywalk of days o’ yore,
To thread in the footsteps of ancients and have fun.
Then when I find the cradle born and my search’s done
I’ll humbly bow down at the feet of my God.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!