Saturday, October 1, 2016

Tomorrow

It's my country's 56th Indy Celebration.
I can see tomorrow more clearly than I see today.

Tomorrow;
I can’t not wait for it to come up
I reach out to the fullness of my cause and take hold
And erase the present like chalk writing in a storm.
Tomorrow
I perfect my kingdom come
I set my sights on unebbing tides bearing better things
Calling out to promises dressed up in work-clothing.
Tomorrow
I’m a changed man with a changed plan in a changed land
Counting my trophies right before the final whistle blows
Totally unflustered by the ashes of today’s smolder.
My tomorrow
Far outweighs anything that defines my today,
I don’t have to believe it it’s what I know,
For the labors of heroes past shall never be in vain.

Akpan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!