Thursday, October 13, 2016

All I Can

Courtesy: UNHCR/Frederic Noy

This is the third in a series of poetry created from lyrics of musical classics.
The piece you are about to read begins with the third line of the song 
“Easy” by Lionel Richie.


Seems to me girl, you know I done all I can
I battled lions, raised my game to change the program.
Now my life is rearranged I aint drawing you a diagram
Things won’t stay the same so blame the pain.
I’m breaking loose from traits that got my brain in a cage
It’s not that easy but I’m trading my ache for gain.
It’s this life I chose to live; it’s the calling I gatto give,
Sticking around’s like battling a legion I gatto breathe-
Freedom baby, is of the essence and I’m gon’ get it anyway
I can, I can’t give up that spells suicide and I don’t play.
It’s my only way of taking the last stand
Seems to me girl, you know I done all I can.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!