Friday, April 1, 2016

Day 1: I Know


I know how it feels to be let down
I know the taste of sweat off the brow
I know how it feels to pick yourself up from off the ground
And strive to straddle the pieces with the arms of doubt
I know about the shadow at the end of the tunnel
I know about the respite within a hurricane funnel
I know how it feels to aim and fall just shy of your target
I know how the pick of drama unburies the hatchet
And swings its blade so it hacks away at your confidence
I know life’s school takes some hard knocks lessons

These are merely a handful of the stuff I know
And knowing ‘em fills me with appropriate rage
Because I know that what I know about myself controls
The atoms that keep busting like soap bubbles in my face
The person I am has been visored by this knowing
I’ve had my psyche cranked up by the rush of adrenalin
It feels real good walking in the light of this revelation
I wake in the still of the night to tell myself congratulation
The air I exhale is perfect my vista is breathtaking
It’s lifting me higher and man do I know it

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!