Sunday, April 3, 2016

Day 2: You Don't Know Me


You bet your butt it’s complicated.
But I got a feeling you already knew that.
This thing called curiosity’s highly overrated,
Cause this aint about how the cat sat on the mat.
This is my story and it aint as simple as it seems.
You don’t know the score about my itinerary.

Cause you don’t know me.

I’m sure you can show me the way to the city;
Maybe, talk the devil into setting himself on fire,
And narrate an accurate account of my glory.
But you’ll ever only manage the plot of a satire.
Cause the real me resides in the heart of the matter.
And since you don’t bother with affairs of the deep,

You don’t really know me.

I know how you think but you don’t know who I am.
You can’t have a handle on the ideals for which I stand.
That’s the same reason you can’t grasp how I was made,
Or wrap your fingers around the battles I have waged.

You may see me
But you can’t possibly know me.
You aint been in what I lived in
Believe me, dude you don’t know me.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!