Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas in Sambisa

A Christmas tribute to the Nigerian Armed Forces
for their unrelenting war on terrorism

I always had a hunch you was the prototype hero.
Now that I found the unique moment to express that fact
I'm gon' ride on the track and leave none in the dark from the intro
When the tribute engage their ears n' slide down their heart.

I really wanna invest the time to take you apart
And sink my teeth into the details until I feel the heat
Of the battle waging down on the inside as you rip open the enemy
And snatch victory like a trophy from the talons of the beasts.

Bae misses her man; the kids need their dad yet this Xmas
You'll lay down on a bed of grass; rest your head on a pillow of stone
N' if you're lucky sleep will find you cuddling a people's burden in your arms.
Yet no one deserves a better Xmas than the men who went and brought us hope.

You're the one my heart bleeds for it's of you I sing
And I will fear no evil walking thro the forest of Sambisa
Cause the shadow of a soldier supplies all the solace I seek
So let me take this time and shoot you a very merry Christmas.

Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!