Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cellphone Conversation


This is a fictional phone conversation with the maniac Shekau She-Cow, written in verse. Let’s pretend the evil genius speaks any vocabularies besides Bang-Bang! Boom-Boom! His words are in BOLD type.

Am I speaking with She-Cow?
This is Shekau...
Alhaji Abubakar Shekau
Whatever, Shay COW.
So, what's all the rage?
I said this time and again;
My mission is to cut ‘Western’ culture off this nation.
Isn't that why you're on the internet... to spread the message?
Well, yeah, I needed a medium of expression...
And a ‘Western’ medium seemed most appropriate?
That about sums it up.
That's the kind of attitude that gets people bombed.
Is that a threat?
Because I missed the part where I get scared.
I just want to tell my side of the story and be heard...
Well She-Cow, your side of the story sucks...
I blow up school kids for a holy cause...
Is that a synonym for ‘masochistic lunatic?’
You wouldn't know a thing about my cause
So I suggest you don't insult.
Are we discussing that Devil Theory which warps minds, makes
Men strap explosives all around their waists and make
Waste of everything that breathes within a 10-block radius?
My motives are strictly religious...
Sheez, you got it all sorted out, genius.
Why don’t you tell that to the dead school kids.
You're so full of shit...
Or maybe, your time is up...
This war will not be over until I've bombed you all...
Is that the stink of your corpse I smell as it rots?
That's all empty talk. And you know it.
It's over. Can you not feel...
Ha! Ha! I don't see your armed forces
Putting one dent in my offensive.
It's got nothing to do with sophisticated weapons;
We won because your toys couldn't split a great nation.
How much longer, do you reckon, would that remain reality...?
Listen hard. Don’t you hear the exploding silence of your bombs?
You should feel damn lucky you live down south....
And you really ought to make your last moments on earth count,
Start putting what's left of your household in order, militarized tout.
Because we will hunt you like vermin and we will stamp you out.
You got big mouth...
You’re living on borrowed time, traitor. I'm out.

Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!