Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 12: Dust

Courtesy: stumbleupon (Slightly modified)

Did you wanna see me broken?
Crumbling to the cruel phrases that was spoken?
You didn't really believe I'd fall for such stunt, did you?
That I'd be face down and my vision blurred by a deluge?

I am no figment of your fickle imagination,
Neither some byproduct of your naive mental evaluation.
Description of me couldn't fit your trite tongue.
So you darn well stay where you belong.

Pluck the speck from your eyeball,
Quit doubting and observe, as my change sets ashore
Like a loaded pregnant camel through a needle's eye.
Learn of me and be chastised.

It's not enough to have all the world as back up
Hiding behind the voices of the crowd, playing God.
For in the event of my demise
A million seeds will arise.

You may deride me all you want
You may cut my soul with hateful words
Then trample me. Yet am I not undone
I rise to the occasion like trodden dust.

Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!