Monday, December 23, 2013

Guest Blog: Christmas 2013 by Vicki E. Case


I’m honored to feature the Australian poet, Vicki E. Case. Vicki delivers a heart-wrenching Christmas poetry about her personal experience. I leave you in her care for the next three minutes or so.

 
Courtesy: christmasgrotto.co.uk
Christmas day and the Christmas festive season is a joyous time when families reunite and enjoy time together.  They laugh, eat too much, give gifts of thanks and relish their short time together.

Unfortunately, not everyone is the world are as lucky as some.  The world is ravaged with war, famine and a multitude of lonely people who will not experience any of the joy that this time of the year is meant to bring.

One such person this Christmas 2013 is a lonely and heartbroken poet who, for reasons still unknown to her, lost the love of her life and soul-mate in October 2011 when he simply walked away.  Whilst words flow like a raging river throughout the year depicting powerful prose of love and being loved, it is this time of the year when her words reflect her solemn and lonely state of mine and the bright shining light she still holds in her heart that one day he will find his way back to her. 


This time three years ago
For Christmas day
I gave you a gift and card
Within which I had to say

I told you I loved you
I told you I care
Enclosed chocolates and a rose
And asked with me you share

This year I can’t however
Because you cut me loose
You left me feeling
Feeling like a stupid goose

My love hasn’t waned
My feelings haven’t gone
It’s with you and you alone
With whom I belong

This Christmas Day
You’ll be on my mind
One day in the future
Me again; I pray you find

About Vicki:

So many great poems and verse have been written to date, reflecting all that is great about Christmas.  But for the ‘Aussie Poet of Love’ her words crave for the man who won her heart, stole her soul and then walked away, leaving only an SMS without a reason for his departure.  Despite three Christmas’s since she lost him, the words contained in her Christmas prose still depict the hole in her heart that has been left by his loss. 

Website:
Books by Vicki E. Case

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!