Friday, December 27, 2013

Guest Blog: Christmas Gifting by Christine Cassello

Jesus
Courtesy: Wikipedia

At last, a piece of poetry with a focus on the Christ of Christmas.
Christine Cassello’s poem reminds us why we celebrate. We need to celebrate the Christ-He is God's greatest gift to the world.


Shepherds wondered the reason why
Angelic beings lit up the sky.
One told them of a newborn boy,
Who would bring all people joy.
They received specific detail,
So they would know the little male.

The stars had never shown as bright,
As they did that Christmas night.
One star shown with great precision.
Magi understood that vision.
Across the desert, these men came,
Bringing gifts to show their acclaim.

We give gifts to one another,
Friend and neighbor, sister, brother.
What you do for the least of these,
You do  for me,. Jesus sees.
So give your gifts in Jesus' name.
Not for glory, nor for fame. 


Author's Bio
I turned 67 years old on February 14. I've been single and childless all of my life but have "mothered" many pets. Having grown up as a Christian, I did not have a difficult life and lived with my parents until they died. Now, I am working on my childhood passion and hope to make a reputation for myself as a children's book author.
I have an Ebook out, THE HUNTER AND THE DEER, original fairy tale and story poems for children and adults. My first publication was a short story in Knowonder Magazine in 2000 and a fairy tale poem in Bumples  (online only).



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!