Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Wish

Courtesy: wish.org

Prose poetry

I wish that my pen would keep bleeding until these phrases slide thro every brain straight down to the heart and jump-start every good reaction.

I wish the jangling chains of discord would morph into a three-fold cord that strums on key and trusses all disparate sentiments in one bond. I wish our world was not so apocalyptic; that kids could roam free and wild on the streets and their folks would not make a fuss.

I wish that wishes were horses and families who knew all about losses could have one hell of ride and leave their worries panting in the dust. I wish that education was free and every child could have a shot at his/her dreams. I wish that children who grew into adulthood had a chance to prove their grit.

I wish that life wasn’t so competitive, after all. I wish that homegrown love could lift our eyes above our noses, make us feel another’s pain.

I wish that truth is standard again; I wish that we could return to the days of Eden and initialize our paradise regained.

I wish that the community of nations could be made to see that in diversity, there is beauty and strength. I wish that the content of character was the measure of a man’s worth.

I wish that every morning when I open my eyes in waking, I could see the colors of the rainbow bouncing off the walls of reality. I wish there was a touch of ambrosia to every smile and pure sweetness in every heart.

I wish that skeletons of stillborn promises could heed the prophecy in the wind’s howling and meld tissue to sinew to flesh to skin to emerge and stand forth a mighty army of attestation.

I wish that the body of every soulja who falls could wear a smile of accomplishment. I wish that these heroes being dead could get us thinking about better days.

I wish that tomorrow is forever.

I wish our faith in today could raise us on wings of eternity until we rise above our situations and render limitations obsolete; up and higher beyond all short-sighted expectations, into a home of serenity and rewarded longing.

I wish that the faint of heart could hope again; I wish that the dying could breathe again. I wish that the voices in the storm could marshal calm into this conundrum.

I wish that respect for a man’s right to liberty, to life and pursuit of happiness could ultimately annihilate the skit of justice witnessed in our day.

I wish that all these wishes were dynamite so that he who reads might explode off the page.


Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!