Saturday, June 1, 2013

IntShoWriMo 2013: DAY 1

Courtesy: annyas.com

Today’s Prompt:
You are thrown back into your past, but you find it totally different than what you recall.
Courtesy: Writing.Com
Link for Day 1: DAY 1: Recall Word Count: 2,104

In 2012, I dumped my short stories for IntShoWriMo (then called NaShoWriMo) into two blogs; this blog you are viewing and the blog I created specifically for the challenge. The first ten to twelve days had me churning out about 2,000 words a day. I pumped these words into both blogs, every day.

It didn’t take long for Google to notice something wasn’t quite right. And so, it happened that one day while trying to access my blog, I was redirected to a verifications page. The message read like this:

Our system has detected a large transfer of data to your site.
Fill the code into the box above to prove you are not a robot.

The way I remember it, the verification process occurred twice in the course of IntShoWriMo 2012 which ran through the month of June. I’m wiser now so here’s the deal, in order not to be mistaken for a robot (and may I add, for the second time around), this blog would feature the day’s prompt and the basic storyline only. The full short story goes into the blog created for this challenge.

Back to the business at hand. The short story Recall is the story of a guy called Levi.
Levi is a software developer working at a computer game company. The story begins with Levi revisiting his childhood home via a virtual reality game he invented. Code name: Recall. The gadget injects fluid into the brain and then messes with the player’s memory.

Levi who suffered temporary memory loss because of a minor brain injury incurred from an auto accident, got the shock of his life when his invention overdid itself and threw him several years back in time.

Read the full story: DAY 1: Recall

Keep your pen bleeding.


Akpan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!