Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 30: Ayaya!

Photo: plus.google.com
Inspired by Christy-Essien, the late Nigeria’s Lady of Songs.
Ayaya means “beautiful” in Ibibio, one of Nigeria’s several dialects.

Give me a chance is all I ask
And as time turns a page, you’ll witness my person enhanced.
Just one solitary chance is all,
And I’ll deliver, my life will be a ball.
I’ll take my chances, go it alone. Just don’t play that card.
You see, it’s my call; so step back and I’ll perfect my act.

Ayaya, my life ayaya (my life is beautiful).
I ain’t need no more drama;
I’m sick and tired of sticking with the program.

Give me a chance and watch me go.
I’ve been in the wait so long I’ll explode
If I delay one moment further.
I’ll take it anyhow I get it though, it weighs down on my shoulder.
I ripped off the veil of stigma and prevailed against the throe.
I am ready; give me a chance and let me grow.

Ayaya, my life ayaya.
I ain’t need no more drama;
I’m sick and tired of sticking with the program.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!