Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 28: Somebodyness

Photo: citypress.co.za


I am at a point in my life where something needs to click for me.
I reckon since I’m stuck in this game, it’s time I define who I be.
Haste is not the point at the moment; I am in no hurry.
Though, time has become quite the care; I’m trapped in its workings
Like a sparrow in a cage.
I must take faith’s leap; I’ve arrived at the decisive stage,
Or sink into a calamitous river of ruin.
But first, I gatto learn to brave the ever-shifting wind of doctrine
Before they retrieve my bones six feet from under the Sahara’s dune.
This level marks a new beginning for the individual within;
I gatto find the one thing that will work but just for me.
Then, gladly plunge my soul into it.

If tomorrow takes forever in coming,
I’ll throw off the past, strap on my gear, and get the present going.
I would rather not entertain static and introduce the agony of rut into my years.
I hear the summons of purpose come thru crystal clear
I’m achieving everything I’m called to be, I feel I’m almost there.
Deeply in earnest, I am persuaded to declare:
I will allow no silly thing alter the chosen course of my rising
Until my destiny is complete.
I pursue a cause to get my life on point.
I cling to my karma like one would grasp at a principle.
In a time when all the functions are out of joint
Regardless of the sad hellos and sweet adieus in bogus chronicles

I present myself equal to the task and with every trampling, I rise.
I set the sun ablaze with the radiance of my aura, I’m beyond compromise.
Complete like a set of Divinity’s tools, I remain effectively unshakeable.
Predestined to a point I just can’t lose. It’s irrevocable.
But am I asking too much to be abandoned to my destiny?
Does it come across as an element of mutiny cause I seek the accomplished life?
Each time I ride the lonely path, how come I seem to inspire multiplied strife?
I’m just trying to play my part while constructing that unique personality
I’ve come to acknowledge as the real me in an endless sea of humanity.
I’m practically walking thru walls defying impossibility
But compromise seems to be the rule of the majority.
I asked to be left alone and you gave me a name.

Yet, you just can’t see me trudging thru on my own and that’s a shame.
Cause no human can perform the least instruction in the book of my destiny
Surely, not I, if I renounced my identity.
And here’s something all this rush has taught me to never forget:
And that’s besides glorying in the faith that looks thru death,
On the road to somebodyness the keyword is respect.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!