Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 26: Fierce Urgency

Photo: billfrymire.com


In the eyes of my mind,
I contemplate the vast proportions of the mystery of the needle.
Beyond all the trite inconsistencies of life, I realize
There’s a method to solving Fate’s ineluctable riddle.
My fears unleash me
Into a realm bounded by unbelievable possibilities,
Over and above the dimension of unmitigated stupidity.
The finish line divides the track before my sites
Like superficial streams; the aftermath of violent rain.
And as fierce as an aggressive fight,
Personal rage engages pain.
System is insane.
I begin all over again
After the flip of the last page,
Pulling out all the stops for past and present struggles
And utilizing them as frame of reference.
Reminiscing about the hurdles;
Stitches of memory interwoven complete as a sentence.
Every hunch of progress is a pronouncement of vengeance
On the days of living constantly at tiptoe stance.
My fury breathes a life
That is stronger than a lie,
To initiate a war where courage blends
And intervolves with fear to install an expected end.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!