Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 20: Manual Disconnect

Photo: stuficionado.net

Straight out o’ the shadows of my past
I emerge like a torn off branch flung up by a blast,
And I invade the world’s stage like a seasoned cast,
As I rewrite my history, skillfully.
Touched not by the scars of slavery
But by the elements of mastery.
I have been forged by a unique pedigree
One whose entire bloodline has been kings.

I present my case
As one of a profoundly celebrated race;
And in this place of shame and disgrace
I have attained a special state of genuine grace.
A beautiful, reputable brew of Negro
Molded by circumstances I survived into human ammo.
Cause I heeded the voice calling beyond the heat of the inferno.
The days of my life are like a totem pole:

Every exhale represents something; I’m game.
I’m about erasing the account of shame,
And purging the stigma set on a name.
I am yesterday that will not vanish from memory;
I am today that persists indefinitely;
I am tomorrow, I am symbol of immortality.
The darkest phase of an eclipse,
I have ascended within a prophecy

To manifest as an article of potency.
And like an authentic, personified apocalypse,
I annihilate the blinded course of hypocrisy.
I have come to accept the reality of who I am;
A concrete representation of the Son of Man.
I multiply in billions like dust in the harmattan.
I pulled the plug on anything that stands against my identity,
And charged my faculty to disconnect from falsity.



Akpan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!