Monday, December 24, 2012

Childhood Christmas Wishlist

What if a grown up decides to ask Santa to fulfill all his childhood wishes?What if Santa were to grant these wishes in a literal sense as the kid this man was once conceived it and not in the light of the man the kid became?
      What do you suppose, would be the consequence of such an extraordinary treat?




Photo: masterfile.com
          I asked for it but this isn't exactly what I had in mind,
          Can you take it all back Santa, could you please, oblige?
          Mama's been dead a decade, Papa my entire life.
          I once asked that they live forever. Is that my crime?
          Ignore my childish wishes can you straddle that line?
          I can't stand ghosts, I detest spooks. Same goes for my wife.
          I wished Dad be here every Christmas but I switched sides.
          I'm immune to spirits but I will rather decline!
          
          Wait, was that MJ I saw walk into my bedroom?
          Man, did you have to bring him back too, what's up with you?
          I thought you was wise Santa. Couldn't you take a cue?
          There's my favorite childhood jacket, you brought it back, fool.
          I'm too big to wear it and how come it smells like goop?
          You shrunk my big Bro to a 12 year old man, that's cool.
          I'm gonna kick him around a bit until he's blue.
          But you didn't have to bring back nanny. She's so cruel.
          
          Santa, is that the dish I smashed on Christmas? Come on
          I thought we went over this. Mama got a new one.
          Check this out: My childhood toy collection. Man, you rock!
          And my complete Power Rangers set. Thanks, Santa Claus.
          You shouldn't have brought my dead cat. Makes me nervous.
          It's snowing under my bed, a wish you could ignore.
          My house's hooked to Santa's sleigh, I believe I can soar.
          I see the Chapel's rooftop it's top o' the world, mom!
          
          
          
          Akpan





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!