Sunday, April 8, 2012

Painted






I am not afraid to die.
I’m just taking precautions so it don’t trigger the dynamite
And explode before my years on earth are full and ripe.
Why, ‘it’s only the eyes of a child
That fears a painted devil,’ right?
I was born with dynamic potentials
I made up my mind to ignore the inconsequential.

But ya’ll played me like I was a fool,
Disrespected my uniqueness without a clue
And unanimously labeled me, born to lose.

There’s a profound and startling mystery in the fall of a sparrow.
I see no obstacles though; just a bunch of scarecrows-
Cause it’s a fine line between seeing it and taking it.
You may shove that jive dude, it ain’t what I need.
This genius flies without jets
I’m so fired up I can single-handedly eat up the moment.
I’ll take the fragments of a dream and build with it.

But always, ya’ll played me like I was the fool,
Disrespected my ingenuity without a clue,
And gave the unanimous vote that I was born to lose.

Now, I think I know a little bit about why folks say
Life is based on the choices we make.
Cause in the time hate rounded me up like a lake?
If I chose not to believe in the stuff I’m made of
And face the challenges, call your bluff?
My story would be way beyond told and into the land of history.
That I multiplied kills you, isn’t that about the size of it?

All that time playing me like I was the fool,
Your comeuppance crept on you without a clue,
You and ya’ll unanimous votes. But hey! Jokes on you.



Akpan
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!