Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lifestyle (I)





Question my lifestyle
Hypocrites got me hypnotized.
When they’re the very things who compromised,
Switching the truth for a set of lies.
Through the years,
We’re still shedding stifled tears.
We had our multiple shares
Of deliberate pain and bold fears.
So we do what needs to be done
Cause till kingdoms fall,
Fools will never learn
Nor could they exactly discern
That the reason we still breathing,
Even though, we still bleeding,
Cause the drama they keep bringing,
Is cause we ain’t quitting.

Heroes ain’t made, but born.
I was born of the fiercest persecution;
Tribulation that would pale the Armageddon.
Was taught it’s my destiny
To endure soul mutiny.
Now the labors of futility
Label my existence vanity.
And why should that bother me?
Or stand in the path of who I be?
I will live as I please
And the vanities will never decrease
But increase to disturb the peace
Of every one of ‘em hypocrites.

I was born into the ghetto
Of the shades of sorrow.
Life’s never been what it seems
So, I’m not gonna pretend that ya’ll w/out sins.
From your least to the greatest
Your very kind of virtue stinks.
I hustle cause life’s a gamble
I struggle to go thro the huddle.
The race I run
No other human can outrun.
Just put the crumbs together
And the imposing sum will make you numb.
And somehow, I find the breath to exhale
And by what’s leftover I attain.
Still all your corrupt talent could see was a thug.
You make the sign of the cross
Yet, squash endangered souls like a bug.

Now the outcast from the last
Shall creep fast and proceed to be first.
If I be lost
My blindness would blind the sun
To hydroplane me through
The darkness of fools.
Best not question my lifestyle,
Cause still I’ll rise.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!