Sunday, April 15, 2012

Eyes on the Prize (II)





Eternity on my mind.
Down in the valley of the hurricane’s eye
I possess the number one priority
Necessary to establish my territory:
A faith that won’t quit stalking bull.
When the rules get twisted,
When tradition trades places with taboo,
I’m gonna get perfected.

Time’s at my mercy,
As my aspiration picks velocity
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering.
I present the memory of the offering
On a disc of attained goals
Because I know the ropes.
Young, determined and circumspect
Yeah, I deserve the respect.

The pit of destruction spewing fire
Erupting with destructive desire,
Engaging delicate facets of my career-
Deep hollering for deep.
While the ladder of success stays steep,
Companionship infested with animal tendency,
Getting complicated with absurd secrecy.
I battle a nation of millions
Of non-domesticated demons.
The principal thing is that I do not become
What I’m fighting against.
So I brace myself to purge the stains.

Focus!
That’s what I do
Or turn bogus.
If I have to pronounce a curfew
On new year’s eve
Before I must achieve . . .
Silence!
I release my frame of reference;
Zeal grows on knowledge;
Knowledge induces passion
Which everyman that will be great must acknowledge.
I’m mouthing esoteric principles;
Raw emo, cold as icicles.
Riding high, aiming high.
Conniving with the laws of supernature
To witness my mission mature.
Born in the hour of the fiercest atrocity
Like a rose that grew from concrete,
I rise
My eyes on the prize.



Akpan


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!