Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lil' Bit of Hope

            
            With a lil’ bit of hope
            I’ll sail a battered ship home;
            I’ll pull a VLCC to the shore;
            And explore the earth to the very core.

            Even if the circumstance roars at me
            Like a wild beast,
            Lashing out with the claws of defeat,
            I will snatch the substance of triumph
            Like a shepherd fetching lost sheep
            From the den of a stoned lion.
           
            I have molded and forged decision
            Working at it with a surgeon’s precision.
           
            As inevitable as a true prophecy;
            I pursue my course on unalloyed jealousy.
            ‘Cause in these times
            It’s impossible for me to fail;
            At the height of my tides
            It’s luxury to be frail.
           
            I can almost touch inspiration
            As it washes over me like an unction;
            Stripped to the barest minimum
            Makes me enough.
           
            Akpan



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedbacks welcome and appreciated.

Free counters!